You Run and We Give Back!
Each year, MO’ Cowbell gives a portion of the race proceeds to organizations that give back to the community. Recipients in the past have included: Volunteers in Medicine, The St. Charles City-County Library District Foundation, and Lemonade Day.
In 2015 a portion of the proceeds will go toward the ATHENA Leadership Foundation of St. Charles County. The internationally recognized, ATHENA Leadership Award Program was introduced to St. Charles County in 1987. The program exists to support the development of women in leadership roles. The ATHENA Award was inspired by the goddess of Greek mythology known for her strength, courage, wisdom and enlightenment–qualities embodied in the ATHENA leadership model. In 1997, the ATHENA Leadership Foundation of St. Charles County was created to support women in leadership beyond the annual recognition. The Foundation which is powered by the Foundation Board, focuses on creating opportunities for professional women to come together into the area’s most visible “power network.” For more information about the ATHENA Leadership Foundation visit their website.
But don’t let that stop you from allowing us to help you reach your charitable goals in addition to your fitness ones? Races are a great way to raise funds for a cause, whether a personal charity of choice or on behalf of your organization.
Why your non-profit organization should use MO’ Cowbell…
- Raise funds through an event your organization doesn’t have to plan.
- Control over how you fundraise & collect the money. These can be collected as a team or as an individual.
- A great relationship builder. Non-profits can host training sessions for runners to meet and encourage one another.
- Market your organization at MO’ Cowbell. Runners are encouraged to wear shirts that mention their cause. Non-profit supporting spectators are encouraged to come and cheer on their runners.
- Publicity! Pictures from the event are great for your website / facebook page.
How to raise money with MO’ Cowbell…
- Set a realistic target. Ask yourself how much money you think you can realistically raise? It could be a donation per mile or a general amount.
- Make a list of all of the people you know: family, friends and colleagues, no matter how close and draw up an email contact list.
- Write a personal fund-raising letter / email. Use facebook and twitter to promote your cause. In most cases, donations are tax-deductible, don’t forget to remind your donors!
- Ask, ask, ask!
- Keep everyone updated on your progress!
Remember to be persistent, proactive yet practical. Applying these steps will mean this part of the half marathon experience should be as enjoyable as the training.
If you have a group of 15 or more runners who would like to sign up for MO’ Cowbell to support your charitable group, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily give you a discount on your runner registration fee!