You Run and Others Learn to Read…
This year, a portion of the MO’ Cowbell race proceeds will go toward the St. Charles City-County Library Foundation’s program Take 20 and Read. A child’s success has a simple foundation: reading! Reading as an adult has direct impact on all aspects of life, from education and job preparedness to self-esteem and quality of life. MO’ Cowbell has taken the pledge to improve our community, our families and our lives by accepting the challenge to read at least 20 minutes every day! Take 20 and Read supports the Ready to Read and Books to You programs, all which benefit families in St. Charles County.
But don’t let that stop you from letting us help you reach your charitable goals in addition to your fitness ones? Races are a great way to raise funds for a cause, whether a personal charity of choice or on behalf of your organization.
Why your non-profit organization should use MO’ Cowbell…
- Raise funds through an event your organization doesn’t have to plan.
- Control over how you fundraise & collect the money. These can be collected as a team or as an individual.
- A great relationship builder. Non-profits can host training sessions for runners to meet and encourage one another.
- Market your organization at MO’ Cowbell. Runners are encouraged to wear shirts that mention their cause. Non-profit supporting spectators are encouraged to come and cheer on their runners.
- Publicity! Pictures from the event are great for your website / facebook page.
How to raise money with MO’ Cowbell…
- Set a realistic target. Ask yourself how much money you think you can realistically raise? It could be a donation per mile or a general amount.
- Make a list of all of the people you know: family, friends and colleagues, no matter how close and draw up an email contact list.
- Write a personal fund-raising letter / email. Use facebook and twitter to promote your cause. In most cases, donations are tax-deductible, don’t forget to remind your donors!
- Ask, ask, ask!
- Keep everyone updated on your progress!
Remember to be persistent, proactive yet practical. Applying these steps will mean this part of the half marathon experience should be as enjoyable as the training.
If you have a group of 20 or more runners who would like to sign up for MO’ Cowbell to support your charitable group, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily give you a discount on your runner registration fee!